[Zope] Re: Zope + Apache on Quad Debian machine

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Mar 16 03:07:53 EST 2006

Hugo Ramos wrote:
> "Has any1 tried this before? Can you point me to some documentation?
> What's your experience? is it true that not doing this the 4 cpu's
> will not be 100% used?"
>
> I think these questions are very ZOPE RELATED since I asked them in a
> Zope mailing list don't you think?

Eh ... it doesn't become zope related because you ask it in a Zope
group. Do you also ask how to write books on a Microsoft Word list?

> I'm asking about Zope user/administrator experience related to Zope
> use on a quad machine!!!
>
> Of course if some1 tells me how to do it using OS related stuff this
> is STILL Zope related!

Assigning a process to a cpu is a general os problem, and not really
related to zope. Zope is just another process.

eg: http://www.google.com/search?q=cpu+affinity

plone.org is running on a dual cpu box, with one zeo and a zeo client,
so clearly it can be done.

> Hey... but thank you Jens for spending all that time writing an email
> that doesn't help any1 at all...!!!

Sarkasm against a long time, and helpfull, list user will not help you
any at all.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/