Give it a rest + answers. (Re: [Zope] Re: Zope + Apache on Quad Debian machine)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Mar 21 08:58:45 EST 2006

Tino Wildenhain said the following on 2006-03-21 14:51:

> Otoh, I have yet to see the figures showing the CPU afinity
> buys you anything in reality. We know the GIL, thats for sure
> but I never saw a measureable difference binding a process
> to a CPU (which is also highly depending on the OS scheduler)

for us, it makes all the difference between "zope sucks, why do we
bother with this non-sense, non-standard, butt-slow appserver, and use
Java or PHP instead" and "nice, zope based solutions are really nice,
not only feature wise, but also speedy. And they are clusterable too, neat!"

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley