[Zope] CSS Best practises

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri Mar 24 01:22:25 EST 2006

John Huttley wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.
> In summary, no one mentioned ZStylesheets.
> Files are ok, but no one is concerned about hierarchies. For example
> having a site level look and feel
> with specific styles for certain areas, such as tables.
>
> I'll go with the file at the top level..

Yes, you can do that if you split your CSS in "comon style"
which is the base for the site and several local stylesheets
which refine the settings. You can also include CSS files
based on rules with the usual tal: syntax.
Add to this the ability to place various classes (and
combinations of them) to your HTML dom and you have
all the flexibility w/o slow and error prone full dynamic
stylesheets.

Regards
Tino