[Zope] Re: CSS Best practises

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 24 07:49:25 EST 2006

Tino Wildenhain schrieb:
> Tonico Strasser schrieb:
>> Tino Wildenhain schrieb:
>>
>>> ... flexibility w/o slow and error prone full dynamic
>>> stylesheets.
>>

>> Plain text/css files are slow too if you don't cache 'em.
>
> But you can, thats the whole point.

You can cache dynamic stylesheets too, why not? :)

If I just want dynamic URLs in my stylesheet this makes perfect sense.

Of course there are use cases where you don't want to cache a
stylesheet, but then you don't want static files.

E.g. for a Web site that needed a random background I made a small
dynamic stylsheet which does only this.

Another use case might be a small stylesheet which imports other
(cacheable) stylesheets based on some logic.

Tonico