[Zope] Screwy permissions problem has me stumped

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Fri Mar 24 12:33:21 EST 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 21:24, Andrew Milton wrote:

> Every TAL call pretty much creates a new security context, which is why
> it's hitting the DB so often (this is why it's best to turn on caching in
> XUF even for 5 or 10 seconds if you're using a 'slow' auth mechanism).

In the "Paramaters" tab in my XUF acl_users folder, I have:

  Credential Cache Timeout in Seconds (0 for No Caching)         : 30
  Negative Credential Cache Timeout in Seconds (0 for No Caching): 5

and yet I'm still seeing several identical queries per second in my database
logs.  Shouldn't those settings enable the cache?

> I'm not sure why it's using your username and not their own though,
> without actually looking at your setup. XUF just executes the lookups
> based on what Zope tells it to do.

Thanks.  I'll look into VerboseSecurity to see if I can figure out why it
really, really wants to auth as me.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies