[Zope] How to do this trick..

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 02:28:42 EST 2006

Hi Jason,

I see a few people have had a stab at this, but I have a feeling I know
what you really meant ;-)

Jason C. Leach wrote:
> I'm wondering how I can do this little trick (sp_info is a globaly devide
> var, it's a dictionary obj):
>
>             <option tal:repeat="group groups/existing/high"
>                 tal:content="group"
>                 tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,
> '${sp_info/${group}/common_name}')"
>                onmouseout="hideTip()">
>             </option>
>
> So based on my the value of 'group' from my repeat, I want to use the value
> to look up another value in a different dictionary.  It works if I do this:
> (event, '${sp_info/whatever/common_name}') but does not like me using the
> embedded ${group}.

try this:

<tal:i repeat="group groups/existing/high">
   <option tal:define="event sp_info/?group/common_name"
           tal:content="group"
           tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,'$event')"
           onmouseout="hideTip()">
   </option>
</tal:i>

cheers,