[Zope] single sign-on

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.demon.nl
Fri Mar 31 02:03:24 EST 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Fernando Martins <fernando at cmartins.demon.nl> wrote:
> > Yes, I understand the alternative to FastCGI, but mod_proxy
> doesn't pass the required environmental variable REMOTE_USER to
> zope. I was asking about single sign-on alternatives for Zope.
>
> Yale made a system called CAS, that workes fine for SSO. It's simple
> and secure and easy to  implement.
>
> My PAS plugin is available at http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro . I
> have a CookieCrumbler type thingy somewhere too.

Interesting to know about, but it seems to be restricted to web sso, whereas
I had in mind sso including the workstation login. It seems to be a full
authentication mechanism on its own and it doesn't integrate with existing
authentication systems, right? (no NTLM and it uses kerberos but on it's
own)

Thanks,
Fernando