[Zope] Preserving ownership on export/import

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Fri Mar 31 11:08:24 EST 2006

Is it possible to export an object from a Zope instance in such a way
that, upon importing the object in a completely different Zope instance
and assuming the two Zope instances share a common authentication source
(e.g. LDAP), the original owner of the object is preserved?  I want to
migrate key content (such as member folders) from my old Plone 2.0
server to my new Plone 2.1 server.  Unfortunately, the imported objects
are now owned by me, not by the users that originally owned them.  Zope
seems to support me only taking ownership of an object, not transferring
ownership to someone else.

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
jsoffron: I'm generally pretty high on national defense...
Mr. Bad Example: Careful...it's a gateway policy. Before you know it,