[Zope] Re: Zope + Apache on Quad Debian machine

Hugo Ramos ramosh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 15:05:56 EST 2006

Well... I just followed some advices ppl gave me in the mailing list
and also a feeling I had about using process affinity.

I used taskset when starting Zope + Apache like this:
cpu0: all other processes
cpu1: 10 Apache (mod_ssl,mod_rewrite,mod_proxy)
cpu2: 10 Apache (mod_ssl,mod_rewrite,mod_proxy)
cpu3: Zope

I also fine tunned Python check interval to the specific server using stones.py

I've created a nice caching policy at Zope level and also at Apache level.

Other stuff I usually did before already like regular ZODB packs and so on...

After all this I got 64 requests/sec on ab. Before it was 5 or 6 requests/sec

Cheers

Hugo Ramos - ramosh at gmail.com
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=10082105466310142690
http://otugga.blogspot.com/