[Zope] Missing content! Urgent

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 1 06:29:33 EDT 2006

Michael Havard wrote:
> We're missing 16 days worth of content.

Have a read of this:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent

> Python 2.3.5, Zope 2.8.4, Plone 2.1.2, and a host of other products. ZEO
> configuration. Persistent disk caching is on.

You've got Plone in the mix, you may get more help asking on a
Plone-specific list...

> Is the missing content somehow captured in data.fs.tmp or is it somewhere
> else that I can retrieve it? If it is how do I get it back?

You may want to ask about that on zodb-dev at zope.org but I've never heard
of symptoms like yours. I can only hope/guess that it's one of your
extra products that's done something weird.

You could help by providing more information about what type of objects
made up your missing data: was it a Plone site? specific types of
content in a Plone site? Instances of some other type of object?

cheers,

Chris - this is why you should test backups ;-)

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk