[Zope] DTML-In with date/time filter

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed May 3 09:21:33 EDT 2006

You are going to have to loop thru the documents and use 'getProperty' to
access the date property field on the document. Then you will need to
compare the date value (the Zope Book V2.6 has a good description of
dates/time usage) to see if it is in the range you need.  You could use a
python script to do this loop/compare and return a list of document ids
which you could then display via your DTML-in stmt.

If you have a lot of documents this could be a very expensive approach.  You
might want to have a look at ZCatalog.

hth

Jonathan