[Zope] [ANN] Zope 2.9.3 released

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Sun May 14 03:04:40 EDT 2006

Not so long ago I installed Zope-2.9.2 and as I remember it all worked
fine. This morning, with Zope-2.9.3 I get this:

> bash Zope-2.9.3: make
> /usr/local/bin/python install.py -q build
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c: In function ‘module_aq_validate’:
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2155: warning: ‘obj’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2155: warning: ‘name’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2155: warning: ‘v’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2155: warning: ‘inst’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> Dependencies/AccessControl-Zope-2.9.3/AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2155: warning: ‘validate’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> bash Zope-2.9.3:

Which I thought meant it did not work. This is with Fedora Core 5 and
Python 2.4.3. I went through the whole process again (this time
specifying the install folder) and did not get any warnings or OK messages:

bash Zope-2.9.3: ./configure /usr/local/Zope-2.9.3
bash Zope-2.9.3: make
/usr/local/bin/python install.py -q build
bash Zope-2.9.3: make install
/usr/local/bin/python install.py -q build
/usr/local/bin/python install.py -q install --skip-build --home
"/usr/local/Zope-2.9.3"
bash Zope-2.9.3:

The installation seems to work? Should I worry about the Dependencies
messages?

Cliff