[Zope] Zope will not allow access after IP address change

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at theclickstore.se
Wed May 24 12:44:08 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 18:14 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 24. Mai 2006 18:06:07 +0200 Jeremiah Foster

> > I cannot seem to access the zope management interface on one of our
> > machines after we moved it to another ISP. All the software is the same,
> > the machine is the same, the only things changed are;
> >
> > 1. /etc/hosts
> > 2. hostname
> > 3. IP address
> >
> > Is there some security or other mechanism in zope that prevents zope
> > from starting?
> >

> You should access your machine and check your logs for errors.

Thank you for the reply.

This error looks like the likely suspect;

2006-04-13T14:41:17 ERROR Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection Error connecting to
relational database.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/Zope28/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py",
line 69, in __setstate__
    try: self.connect(self.connection_string)
  File "/usr/local/www/zopeserver/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py", line 126, in
connect
    self._v_database_connection=DB(s)
  File "/usr/local/www/zopeserver/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py", line 182, in
__init__
    self.db=apply(self.Database_Connection, (), kwargs)
OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user
'statementdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

It seems to imply that there is a problem with a zope-mysql module which
is getting an operational error. But I did not think that mysql was used
for authentication. Are there other errors I should be looking out for?
Because there are other errors in the logs.

Jeremiah