[Zope] Zope will not allow access after IP address change

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at theclickstore.se
Fri May 26 03:35:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 18:56 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 24. Mai 2006 18:44:08 +0200 Jeremiah Foster
> <jeremiah.foster at theclickstore.se> wrote:
> >
> > It seems to imply that there is a problem with a zope-mysql module which
> > is getting an operational error. But I did not think that mysql was used
> > for authentication. Are there other errors I should be looking out for?
> > Because there are other errors in the logs.
> >

> Well...you should know..it's your server...it's your app :-)
> Perhaps the DB uses IP-based authentication and so possibly some
> configuration on the MySQL has to be accomplished...consult your MySQL DA.

I did a fairly normal configuration so I know that I did not hook up
MySQL authentication to Zope. What I was asking is does Zope use MySQL
for its authentication by _default_. I thought it used it own db for
user authentication. So I know that MySQL is working fine, zope works
fine, the box has just been switched from one ip to another and zope
stops working.

Does anyone know about a built-in zope mechanism that controls zope
logins based on ip?

Thanks.