[Zope] Zope will not allow access after IP address change

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at theclickstore.se
Fri May 26 04:03:12 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 09:44 +0200, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> I forgot the tracing you aparently did, but what does netstat -lntp
> tell you (linux?) or do you find any host:port in address statements
> for http-server in zope.conf?

The zope.conf has no host:port lines, I installed a standard vanilla
zope.conf and just checked it again for any IP-related directives.

I am running FreeBSD with this zope instance. The netstat output looks
like this:

tcp4       0      0  h031.g.port80.8080     c83-252-226-210..61399
ESTABLISHED

Which shows a process (most likely zope) listening on port 8080, where
it was configured to listen, with an established connection to a client.

> Can you list more details of your current installation? (instances,
> 3rd party products, zeo if any, ...)?

Here is a list of my Porudcts directory;

DocFinderTab
FSCounter
GroupUserFolder
LocalFS
Localizer
QuickImporter
QuickLinks
ZMIBookmarks
ZMySQLDA
stripogram

> > Does anyone know about a built-in zope mechanism that controls zope
> > logins based on ip?
>
> What exactly do you mean with that? You can restrict accounts to
> special domains (not that this makes much sense...)

Sorry, I was unclear. What I would like to know is there a mechanism
enabled by default in zope that limits access to the management
interface if the IP number in Data.fs does not correspond to the IP
address of the machine upon which zope is running. This seems unlikely I
know but may have a security application. What has happened to us is we
have moved the machine from one hosting provider to another and zope
will not allow us to authenticate. It runs, it is listening on the right
port, all our passwords fail to work. I cannot even create an emergency
user with zpasswd.py.

I can't figure out why this is.

Jeremiah