[Zope] Installation Problem

Kevin White kevin at theconfused.co.uk
Mon May 29 10:08:53 EDT 2006

Lo Folks,

New to Zope and it took me all of five mins to trip up. I am having
to do a source install using 2.9.3 on Linux system with Python 2.3. I
am running into all manner of syntax errors when I do make install.
For example:

   File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/static.py", line 126
     @property
     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
   File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.py", line 41
     @component.adapter(file,
zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPRequest)
     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
   File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/container/constraints.py",
line 240
     @readproperty
     ^

There are more but I figured there was no point in swamping you :)
Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks for any help

Kevin