[Zope] Can't Track Simple Bug

Nancy Donnelly nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 09:35:02 EST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>

First up, rifling through my trash, I noticed a response of yours to a previous email that I missed. Concerning the line of my script:

try:
    mailhost=getattr(context, context.superValues('Mail Host')[0].id)

what should I substitute for "Mail Host" if I want to call Maildrop? I tried "Maildrop Host" but for some crazy reason the script redirected to a slightly different URL and threw an error. (That URL should have worked anyway due to inheritance, so I don't know what's up.) This is the information in the Maildrop README that wasn't helpful in this regard:

      - Now you can create emails using e.g. the dtml-sendmail tag and
        point the sendmail tag to the Maildrop Host instance using the
        mailhost="XYZ" argument inside the sendmail tag, or by using
        the MailHost API (see the Zope Help System).

Now, the rest ;)

> Not really, it's a snippet for inserting into zope.conf alongside the
> other logging configuration. You appear to have chopped off the %, which
> you need to make it a valid zope.conf import statement.

Okay, corrected and entered into zope.conf

Yes, Chris, the below is, in fact, my zope.conf file. I inherited this box. All I can tell you is the below code does, in fact, work. I've added yours to it and now we'll see if they play nicely together ;) I am running Zope 2.7.8. I welcome any suggestions, of course :)

> # Zope zctl settings
> ZOPE_HOME = pjoin(HERE, '../..', 'ZopeSoftwareHome')
> ZOPE_OPTS = '-p - -D'
> ZOPE_PORT = 7080
> ZOPE_LOG = pjoin(HERE, 'var', 'debug.log')
> ZOPE_ENV['PRODUCTS_PATH'] = ("%(SOFTWARE_PRODUCTS)s:" + pjoin(HERE, '..', 'OtherProducts') + ":%(INSTANCE_PRODUCTS)s")
>
> ZOPE_ENV['STUPID_LOG_FILE'] = ZOPE_LOG
> # ZEO Environment settings
> #ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_NAME'] = 'www.example.com'
> ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_PORT'] = 9999
> # ZEO zctl settings
> ZEO_WAIT_BAILOUT = 160 # Don't try for more than num seconds

TIA,
Nancy