[Zope] Mail Boxer on Qmail, Anyone?

Nancy Donnelly nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 13:37:32 EST 2006

<!-- DIV {margin:0px;}-->Hi;
I sent this over the weekend but I think it got overlooked. I'm
running into trouble getting Mail Boxer to play nicely with qMail. I've
installed and tested Maildrop Host. It works ok, so that potential bug
is eliminated. I was confused as to where to put smtp2zope.py, so I put
it here:
    /usr/bin/smtp2zope.py
and symlinked it here:
    /usr/local/sbin/smtp2zope.py
    /var/qmail/bin/smtp2zope.py
just to be safe ;)
One of the how-to's I read said I should create the following file:
    /var/qmail/aliases/.qmail-foo
where "foo" is the name of my list, and enter the following line by itself:
 20000"
where the second "foo/mailinglist" is my path to the Mail Boxer instance.
and finally I send a message to foo at smtp.example.com but I didn't get anything back.
Did I get subscribed? How do I know? I don't see any entry in the "maillist" in the properties tab.

Also, one of the how-to's said I should set up a forwarding email address. That's not necessary, is it?
TIA,
Nancy