[Zope] matplotlib and zope problem

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 14 11:58:53 EST 2006

Marek Szczypiński wrote:

>Here is the traceback. Looks like problem with matplotlib it self,
>doesn't it? Did anyone have the same problems?
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Marek
>

>Traceback (innermost last):
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 115, in publish
>  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
>  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 59, in
>manage_addExternalMethod
>  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 111, in __init__
>  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 134, in manage_edit
>  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 141, in getFunction
>  Module App.Extensions, line 148, in getObject
>   - __traceback_info__:
>('/var/lib/zope/zope-markacy/Extensions/mpl.py', 'mpl')
>  Module /var/lib/zope/zope-markacy/Extensions/mpl.py, line 1, in ?
>  Module None, line 1011, in ?
>  Module None, line 968, in rc_params
>  Module None, line 914, in matplotlib_fname
>  Module None, line 273, in wrapper
>  Module None, line 324, in _get_configdir
>RuntimeError: '/' is not a writable dir; you must set environment
>variable HOME to be a writable dir

Hi Marek,
Never heard of matplotlib.  But your traceback is saying that the
product is trying to write to root - without sufficient permission.  I'd
look at the source (see _get_configdir) and see if its reading some sort
of config file or maybe its parsing the enviromental var HOME..  You
probably can modify that.  Anyway, writing to "/" doesnt seem to be a
good idea in any case.

You have set variable "HOME"?

Best,
David H