[Zope] Re: New to zope

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Fri Nov 17 08:01:02 EST 2006

Thanks for the answers so far.

Maik Ihde wrote:
> If you want, you can have a few full blown CMS Systems, based on Zope2: look for
> Plone, Silva or even ZMS. Or you can use the CMF (Content Management Framework)
> to build your own Site.
>
> Would you rather use a full blown solution, including wysiwyg Editing,
> Workflows, and many predefined content types, so you can quickly begin
> customizing its visual appearance or do you want to build your own?

The thing is, I don't need a CMS. I don't need customised appearance, powerful
editing feature and so on.

Basically, my users will login into the website, and configure a few parameters
 for a service, and then see regularly the output of the service. The service
will be managed by an external python script.

So, the website is only there for keeping information about users, which part of
the service did they subscribed to, with which options.

I just need a kind of simple "login or create new account" stuff, and the
ability to store data associated with each user.

The website is really small scale.

	regards,

	Philippe