[Zope] Database connectors

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Fri Nov 17 16:12:27 EST 2006

> Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote at 2006-11-17 13:07 +0100:
>> yes, we sometimes get deadlocks in the database, net outages and general
>> misbehavior of DCO2.
>
> But "DCO2" is not responsible for your deadlocks...
Depends what version of DCOracle Dario has, but I've found that
StoredProcedures may cause deadlocks, at last in DCO2 version
I used. I described this in my previous mail in this topic.

That was problem when during one request there was only one call
to a StoredProcedure. During that call database connection
was created (_v_database_connection) and SP raised exception.

Then publisher aborts and rollbacks everything. But first
it destroyed database_connection and then Publisher calls
abort() for SP - but there is no connection at this moment
so no rollback happens.

It is because StoredProcedures in DCOracle2 are a bit strange.
They're resource managers itself, but they're using another
resource managers from db.py.

I've seen this alive in my environment, but this might be
something wrong with my DCOracle2 version. I'll be glad
if somebody may confirm this.

--
Maciej Wisniowski