[Zope] Database connectors

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 20 02:12:53 EST 2006

Dieter Maurer said the following on 11/17/2006 08:28 PM:
> Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote at 2006-11-17 13:07 +0100:
>> yes, we sometimes get deadlocks in the database, net outages and general
>> misbehavior of DCO2.
>
> But "DCO2" is not responsible for your deadlocks...

yes, I know that, we've had other problems with DCO2 (it has been a
while since I researched this, and our current brute force solution
works for us).

We do not use Stored Procedures (that are called from Zope anyway). We
have tracked the deadlocks down to a simple select-update pair that
happens all the time, but we cannot understand why that woudl cause a
problem - the sql is a simple as it gets and cannot be made any simpler.

We are not sure if it is DCO2 that is in error or if it is that
particular database instance. We are going to migrate to a new 10g
instance and see if that helps. We do know that the deadlocks have
increased as application usage has increased (it has increased by a
factor 2 for each year).

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley