[Zope] CopyError NoData

Sale, Robin Robin.Sale at strus.com
Tue Nov 21 12:39:33 EST 2006

Anyone ever had or heard of this problem??

Trying to copy and then paste any object using the ZMI results in a
CopyError where the message is that there was no data (CopyError,
eNoData). This is on a server that was working fine yesterday. There are
no error message logs except the standard traceback for the CopyError
when performing the paste (in other words, the copy did not raise any
flags)

The strange thing is that when I go into a containerish object, there is
a copy but no paste button. I select any object (container or not) and
click copy. This operation is coming back faster than I would expect,
but when it comes back the paste button is now visible. I hit paste and
get the CopyError again. This happens with cut and paste as well.

We've got a Zope-2.8.8 install using ZEO for our database and two client
instances talking to it. I have multiple separate storage files
configured in the zeo server... this occurs with either client, and
whether I am copying/pasting within a single database file or across
files. No error message is being generated in the zeo server log.

------
2006-11-21T12:25:26 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://10.1.1.124:8181/junk/manage_pasteObjects
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.8.8/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line
114, in publish
    request, bind=1)
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.8.8/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 88,
in mapply
    if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.8.8/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line
40, in call_object
    result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published
object.
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.8.8/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py", line 161,
in manage_pasteObjects
    raise CopyError, eNoData
Copy Error:
...html removed...