[Zope] New HD, Moving ZODB

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Nov 22 11:34:11 EST 2006

You can easily install Zope 2.7.8 on the new hardware and then just copy the Data.fs file from the old hardware to the new.

If you want to upgrade to a newer version of zope on the new hardware, you can follow the above procedure, but you should review the CHANGES.txt file for the new version of zope to see what the impact may be (i seem to remember that ZCatalog/indexes changed in Zope 2.8.x, and there may be other items to be aware of as well)

Jonathan