[Zope] New HD, Moving ZODB

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Nov 22 11:54:46 EST 2006

As someone else suggested, the easiest thing to do is create new 'instance' directories (eg. .../var, .../log, etc) on the new HD; move the files from the old HD to the new HD, then create a symlink for the directories on the old HD to the new HD.

If you are getting rid of the old HD, then you need to run zope from the new HD instead of the old HD and forget about the symlinks.

Jonathan