[Zope] Re: TimeError in Zope 2.8.5

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 16:44:20 EST 2006

>> 5357
>
> Now, we understand: it's the Python "time" implementation that has
> changed.
>
> With Python 2.3.3 (under Debian Sarge), we get:

> (1901, 12, 13, 21, 45, 52, 4, 347, 0)
> 1901

In my python 2.4.3 (compiled from source) and the one installed with the
OS, which is also 2.4.3, it doesn't work. I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ValueError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t

So, I guess there should be something that you can configurate when
building python, or it is perhaps a linux kernel paramater. With python
2.3.5 it works however, so, it is a change in python as Dieter mentioned.

By running the zopectl in debug mode for zope 2.9.4, the resulting
traceback is the same as the one posted by the OP. With zope 2.8.8 it
runs without any problem. So, it could be that the provider is running
zope 2.8.5 with python 2.4.

Regards
Josef