[Zope] Legacy Perl code and Zope. A pipe dream?

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:18:09 EDT 2006

If I can provide any suggestion, take a look at "Refactoring", by
Martin Fowler, and start applying the refactorings there provided.
This is not, I think a Zope/Perl/Python/PHP issue, but rather a
refactoring/migration problem, and it should be explored in that
places (just a suggestion, of course).

Regards
Marco

On 10/3/06, Derek Basch <dbasch at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Jonathan <dev101 at magma.ca> wrote:
>

> Yes, the application is currently deployed but it is the gnarliest mess of ten year old spaghetti
> code you have ever seen. No session handling, no automatic CGI variable parsing, no
> authentication....no fun. I am attempting to find a path towards a proper web application
> framework without having to rewrite every single line of legacy code. For example, all new
> projects would adhere to framework xyz and the legacy code would still play nicely with the
> framework.

Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/