[Zope] Surprising load test results?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 05:21:04 EDT 2006

Surprising indeed.

> Why then the static content is so much slower is again weird. It almost
> looks like there's a fixed speed for WSGI. Someone who knows more about
> how the WSGI support may be able to say more...

WSGI in itself should not make a difference there. However, if the
WSGI server used is Twisted, then Twisted has a higher overhead per
request than ZServer. However, these results seem to indicate that
this overhead suddenly becomes the major factor, which clearly is
impossible.

> the number of concurrent requests were 100

It's usually a good idea to test this with smaller numbers of
concurrent requests as well, to see how speed reacts to increasing
loads.

Those WSGI tests make no sense, I think they are somehow faulty.