[Zope] Zope 2 for Windows

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Oct 12 05:43:06 EDT 2006

--On 12. Oktober 2006 09:07:04 +0100 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>

>> On 11 Oct 2006, at 17:14, michael nt milne wrote:
>>
>>> "
>>> The windows builds will be available as soon as someone volunteer to
>>> care about the Windows platform.
>>>
>>> "
>>>
>>> ignorant thinking. Most businesses use Windows and Zope will suffer
>>> unless it is embraced.
>>
>> Who do you think you are insulting people who actually invest a lot of
>> their spare time in the software and in the community? You being an
>> annoying troll is helping no one, and it certainly won't get Windows
>> builds done.
>
> Haha, just add him to your email blacklist, saves a lot of trouble ;-)
>
> For the record, the releases are not available because no-one is capable
> rather than motivated to produce them.
>
> Having built a couple, Windows releases are a royal PITA even if
> everything goes smoothly...
>
> Now Michael, unless you're prepared to build these releases yourself, I
> less than politely suggest you STFU...

@Chris: what is STFU?

@Michael: You're a numpty and a troll.

If you don't know what 'numpty' means, see

 <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty>

My posting did not contain a single line that I would not care about the
Windows releases. In fact I have been after people like Christian Theune,
Chris Withers and Tim Peters to provide
Windows builds after releasing the source code distributions. In addition I
asked some days ago on the zope-dev list about Windows maintainer problem.
Since your contributions to the Zope and Plone world are just dumb and
troll-compatible postings, please just shut up. You're not in the position
to tell me that I would be ignorant on Windows. I am usually  ignorant on
Windows issues in general (for a variety of reasons) *but* I am trying to
delegate the issue to other ppl. That's a big difference.

Andreas