[Zope] New kubuntu zope/plone installation problem

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Mon Oct 16 09:25:18 EDT 2006

> I just installed zope and plone on a new Kubuntu installation using
> the Adept package manager.  Zope comes up on port 8081 -- which was a
> bit of a surprise, as I expected it to be on port 9673 as in other
> Debian distributions -- but I can deal with that.
8080 is standard port for Zope. You may change it in zope.conf file.

> The problem is I don't know the admin username and password.  Is there
> a way to either find out what they are or to reset them to something
> known?
you may run ./zopectl from your's <zope instance home>/bin
and execute adduser command in the prompt (be sure that
zope is not running) to add new user.

Other thing is that I think it is better to install zope from sources.
Then you have control on what is installed, where and what is user
account.

--
Maciej Wisniowski