[Zope] Re: How to do...[Rendering zpt on the fly]

Garito garito at sistes.net
Sat Oct 28 09:36:16 EDT 2006

Josef Meile escribió:
> Hi Garito,
>
> I saw in another thread you still need this. If I'm not wrong what you
> are pretending is to somehow render zpt on the fly. So, here is my idea:
>> I would like to write things like:
>>
>> object.property = 'here/anotherproperty'
>> object.anotherproperty = 'Barcelona'
>>
>> and ask it like:
>>
>> print object.property -> 'Barcelona'
>>
>> or
>>
>> <tal:city tal:replace='here/property' /> -> 'Barcelona'
>>
>> Is this possible?
> I think you could perhaps create a new class to store the tal
> expression attributes, let's say you called it ExpressionAttribute.
> This class must be callable and be able to evaluate tal expressions.
> This is a small sketch of how I think it should look like:
>
> from Products.PageTemplates.ZopeTemplate import ZopeTemplate
>
> class ExpressionAttribute:
>   #Here I also assume that you only enter the expressions
>   #without html and the tal part, like: 'here/property'
>   #Please also noticed that all sintax errors in your zpt
>   #code must be catched somewhere
>   def __init__(self, id, talExpr):
>     self.talExpr = '<span tal:replace="%s"/>' % talExpr
>
>     #I'm not sure about this, but I think it will create a Template on
>     #the fly.
>     self.zpt = ZopePageTemplate(id, text = self.talExpr)
>
>   #Note: I really don't know if you have to pass other parameters to
>   #pt_render, ie: the container of your property. You will have to test
>   #this.
>   def __call__(self):
>     return self.zpt.pt_render()
>
> Then, in the __init__ of your zope product you will need to do things
> like this:
>
> class YourProd(...):
>   def __init__(self,prop1,prop2,prop3,...):
>     #This is a normal property
>     self.prop1 = prop1
>
>     #This two are tal expression properties
>     self.prop2 = ExpressionAttribute(prop1)
>     self.prop3 = ExpressionAttribute(prop1)
>
> Then, I guess you can call it as:
> yourProdObj.prop3 or in tal: here/prop3
>
> I'm not sure about what I wrote and if this is what you are looking
> for. I just hope it helps.
>
> Regards
> Josef
Hi, Josef!
Thank you for your help but I think your aproach is a little complicate
I'm asking for this because it seems to be the simplest way (at least in
my brain)

I prefer the new aproach I'm searching for (see "How to create a new TAL
statement?" thread)

But thank you so much for your idea!!!

--
Mis Cosas