[Zope] How to create a new TAL statement?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 11:54:17 EDT 2006

On 10/28/06, Garito <garito at sistes.net> wrote:
> Did you read my last thread?

I didn't, only the message that started this thread.  It left me confused.

> I'm talking about <tal:anything tal:yanged="/foo/bar" /> not <tal:yanged
> tal:replace="/foo/bar" />
>
> What I need is control the expression far away from the normal way (I
> want to process the result automatically before return the result)

Would it suffice to define a new expression type, so you'd have something like

  <something tal:define="result yanged:/foo/bar">
  </something>

That's something the TALES engine is designed to support.  For Zope 3,
new expression type handlers can be registered with the component
architecture; I don't remember how it's done in Zope 2.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca