[Zope] Re: zope 3 invisibility

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Sep 6 05:11:57 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2006, at 02:04, Fred Drake wrote:
>
>> On 9/5/06, Carlos de la Guardia
>> <carlos.delaguardia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I frequently blog about Zope, and recently posted a list of 10
>>> reasons why I
>>> think Zope 3 is kind of invisible to the Python community (see my
>>> blog at
>>> http://blog.delaguardia.com.mx ). One of the things that I talk about in
>>> that post is that the Zope community tends to interact more through its
>>> mailing lists than its blogs, as opposed to other so-called modern
>>> frameworks, like Django and Turbogears.
>>
>> Interesting.  I've always considered blogs to be fairly invisible
>> since I have to go look for them, whereas for mailing lists I can sign
>> up for things I'm interested in.
>
> Exactly. This is a matter of taste, nothing else. Mailing list email
> comes to me. Blogs I have to seek out and go there. Sorry, too much
> effort for much hot air of dubious quality ;)

Lol, and lists like this one here do NOT have hot air of dubious quality?

It *is* a matter of taste, sure. However, the effects of buzz through
blogging cannot be denied. My blog for instance is in the
planet.python.org aggregator, which has made at least a few Pythonistas
  aware of it. If Zope were to appear there more often, perhaps it won't
be forgotten that often anymore.