[Zope] Can't stop Zope, machine hanging

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 05:59:53 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> This remark was just stupid. There is nothing with BSD except
> there are some known issues you need to consider when compiling Python
> (at least there were some issues in the past).

Sorry, I disagree.

Look back over the list archives, it seems common for people to have
problems with Zope on BSD which aren't experienced by those using linux.

BSD is in the minority, and so if you do have problems, there may well
be no-one around who has enough experience to recommend a solution.

As such, I'd say BSD is a bad choice for Zope.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk