[Zope] Authentication Problem with migration from Zope 2.6.1 to Zope 2.9.4

yogeen honnavar yogeen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 01:37:43 EDT 2006

Dear users,
           we have a zope application on an older
system running Redhat 7.2 and Zope 2.6.1 with python
2.1. Now we wish to migrate the application to latest
stable relase of zope 2.9.4 with python 2.4.3
     we hv installed zope 2.9.4 and imported the
application through .zexp file. this application uses
LDAPUserFolder for authenticating against an LDAP
server. After importing the application we recreated
LDAPUserFolder instance as per the instructions. Now
the problem is, when we access the application the
Authentication pop-up dialog is not coming up and the
application is trying to search the LDAP directory for
Anonymous user and since the user does not exist in
LDAP it is returning error Error: findUser.
    In the old zope server basic authentication dialog
pops up when we access the URL.
    Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem ? How
to configure the application as protected resource(we
are using the built-in ZServer) so that authentication
dialog pops up when the URL is accessed ? any help
would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks and Regards
    -Yogeen Honnavar