[Zope] sending updates with zope.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 12 14:01:12 EDT 2006

Samuele Giovanni Tonon wrote at 2006-9-12 12:49 +0200:
>i have this problem which is related to zope.
>we sell a tool inside zope that we install on a machine that stay
>at our customer.
>
>We need to find a easy but powerful way to update the tool if there
>are bugs or new features .
>
>after some research i've found zope synchronizer which is quite good
>but it miss some function (i.e. checking the file instead of just
>checking mtime ) and i would like if there are other products or solutions

You may search the mailing list archive for threads about
synchronization between development and production environments.

The concrete approach depends on how your "tool" is implemented.
If it is file system based, then you can synchronize by replacing
the code with file system means (installing an archive).
If it is ZODB based, the "ZSyncer" may help you.
In some cases, you will need a hybrid approach.
And in the most complex cases, an intelligent installation
script will be necessary to make the necessary adaptions...

--
Dieter