[Zope] How can I get a listing of all objects in the Zope 2.62 ZODB?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:31:33 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Mark, Jonathan (Integic) <jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com> wrote:
> In Oracle it is easy to get a listing of everything
> that is in the Oracle database. One simply queries the
> system view dba_objects.
>
> Is there anything similar for the Zope 2.62 ZODB?

ZODB is an hierarchical object database. So, yes, there is and no there isn't.
You can't just make a query and get all the data, the data is stored as objects.

On the other hand, getting tha data is dead easy, although you don't
make a query. You just write python. For example, to get all the
subobjects for a particular object, you write

subobjects = the_object.objectValues()

Tada!

Do that recursively, and you pretty much get all the objects you would
be interested in. Then you need to understand each object type, but
that's another thing. ;-)