[Zope] upgrade from 2.7.5 to 2.8.6

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 15 14:04:26 EDT 2006

Miles Waller wrote at 2006-9-15 09:21 +0100:
>I have just upgraded the staging/test version of a large site from 2.7.5
>to 2.8.6.  When restarting zeo, it seemed to take a 'long' (in the most
>subjective sense) time to come up, and I noticed this entry in the logs:
>
>2006-09-14T17:36:23 WARNING ZODB.FileStorage Failed to load database
>index: exceptions.AttributeError: type object 'BTrees._fsBTree.fsBTree'
>has no attribute '__basicnew__'

The data structure for the index file has changed.
The new ZODB can no longer load the old index file.
That's why the data file must be read and the start takes some time.

After the first regular shutdown, a new style index file is written
and from then on, everything should work as before.

--
Dieter