[Zope] VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Sep 21 13:06:53 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ferhat Ayaz" <ferhatayaz at yahoo.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

>I run the apache and zope server on the same machine.
> Turning 'Off' ProxyVia and Deny from all produces the
> same problem: 403 Forbidden.
> I don't understand, why the proxy deny my remote IP. I
> think the apache server on the localhost 127.0.0.1
> should call the proxy and I do my request to apache.
> Or is this wrong?

Following is an extract from our httpd.conf file:

#
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
#<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
#ProxyRequests On
#
#<Proxy *>
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from .your-domain.com
#</Proxy>
#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
#ProxyVia On
#
# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines:
# (no cacheing without CacheRoot)
#
#CacheRoot "/etc/httpd/proxy"
#CacheSize 5
#CacheGcInterval 4
#CacheMaxExpire 24
#CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#CacheDefaultExpire 1
#NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu joes.garage-sale.com
#</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

As you can see all of the proxy directives have been 'disabled'.
Here are a couple of examples from the virtual host configuration section of
httpd.conf:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule manage - [F]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.shopwiser.com:80/sw/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

<VirtualHost www.frapped.com:80>
ServerName www.frapped.com
ServerAdmin root at shopwiser.com
ErrorLog logs/frapped_error_log
CustomLog logs/frapped_access_log common
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.frapped.com:80/Wet/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>