[Zope] ZSQL, call for early beta testers

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Sun Apr 1 16:01:46 EDT 2007

> It works something like this::
(...)
> If in the folder 'sql/Userstuff' you have a file called
> 'select_users.sql' you will the be able to just run:
>
>  # select users:
>  print SQLUser.select_users()
>  # same but first printed the final SQL used
>  print SQLUser.select_users(debug__=True)
>  # save time for the next call
>  print SQLUser.select_users(memcache__=True)
Few questions :)
sql/Userstuff is a filesystem folder or a folder in ZODB?

How does select_users.sql look? is this dtml with parameters
like in ZSQLMethods? Can I just pass parameters like:
SQLUser.select_users(param1='p1', param2='p2')?

Have you compared zsql + memcache performace with eg. CCZSQLMethods
from Dieter Maurer?

> Is anybody interested in a being early beta testers before I release it
> as Open Source? It works quite well here for me but I fear I'm getitng a
> bit home blind based on just my needs. I'm pretty sure it works but some
> early feedback would be appreciated.
I'm interested, although I can't guarantee quick response :)

--
Maciej Wisniowski