[Zope] ip-address vs http-server section

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Apr 3 12:37:03 EDT 2007

Timothy Ball wrote at 2007-4-3 11:24 -0400:
>I want zope to listen to two different ip-addrs on two different ports and
>I'm unsure of how to configure zope to behave correctly.
>
>I set ip-address <some ip addr>
>then I have two http-server sections ala this:
>
>--snip--snip--snip--
>ip-address <some-goofy-ipaddr>
>
><http-server>
>  # valid keys are "address" and "force-connection-close"
>  address <some-goofy-ipaddr>:8080
>  # force-connection-close on
></http-server>
>
><http-server>
>  # valid keys are "address" and "force-connection-close"
>  address <some-other-goofy-ipaddr>:80
>  # force-connection-close on
></http-server>
>
>--snip--snip--snip--
>
>When I do this zope doesn't seem to listen to any thing on any port...

The ":80" above requires that Zope is started as "root" (under *nix)
as all ports below 1024 are "root" only ports.

Due to a (long standing) bug in Zope's startup logging, you may
not see the resulting exception. Due to another bug, you have to
proceed as follows:

	Enable "debug-mode" in your configuration file.
	Otherwise, Zope will refuse to log to the console (a bug).

	Start Zope in foreground mode ("bin/zopectl fg" under *nix)

	Watch out for messages on the console.

--
Dieter