[Zope] VirtualHostBase VHM keyword doesn't work.

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com
Wed Apr 11 00:23:14 EDT 2007

Zope 2.9 says in the Virtual Host Monster About Tab: "For example, suppose Zope is running on port 8080 behind an Apache running on port 80. You place a Virtual Host Monster in the Zope root Folder, and use Apache to rewrite "/(.*)" to http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.buystuff.com:80/buystuff.com/VirtualHostRoot/$1."

However, the following in my Apache 2.2 httpd file does not work:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    RewriteEngine on
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    Servername goodbyeken.com
    RewriteRule /(.*)  http://goodbyeken.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.goodbyeken.com:80/goodbyeken.com/VirtualHostRoot/$1
</VirtualHost>

The above directive results in a Zope "resource not found" error. I have a Virtual Host Monster called myVHM in my Zope root directory. myVHM is able to do redirections that do not include the VirtualHostBase keyword.

Why doesn't the VirtualHostBase keyword work?