[Zope] Changing links base address

Peppe Top peppetop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 05:45:40 EDT 2007

> > in the html there are a lot of absolute links like:
> >
> > <base ... www.site.net
> > <script ... www.site.net
> > <link ... www.site.net...css
> > <href ... www.site.net
> >
> > Because I have to change domain, I was
> > looking to replace those links, with
> >
> > www.newsite.org
> >
> > What's the best way to do that?
>
> Those absolute links are computed at rendering time, based on the
> hostname of the Zope server, or what the VHM sets the servername to.
> So if you use Apache rewrite rules with the VirtualHostMonster, you
> only have to change the rewrite rule and all absolute URLs will be
> correct.

Thanks a lot for the precise reply.

Does this include the following?

url(http://www.site.net/.../ploneStyles.css); --></style>

(this is in the HEAD section)

When I look at the "rendered" html (for example the homepage
source), I see the above line, and I don't know if it's a Plone/Zope
thing, or a comment I should delete/change.

As a related subject, I see no way to edit html comments in
the BODY section, using the Plone interface, should I use ZMI?

Thanks again for your support.
-- Peppe