[Zope] Export fails

Christian Schaffer christian.schaffer at muenchen.de
Fri Aug 10 10:15:02 EDT 2007

Dieter Maurer schrieb:
> Christian Schaffer wrote at 2007-8-6 14:55 +0200:

>> Unfortunately, the only content of the file was one line:
>> ZEXPÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
>> The file itself is only 20k of size.
>>
>> Is there something I missed?
>> Is there probably a command line tool to do exports?
>>

> All you can do via the ZMI, you can do in an interactive Python
> interpreter session -- however, it is unlikely that the result
> will be different.
>
> "Export" uses essentially the same mechanism which is used
> by the ZODB itself (persistent references are expanded, though, rather
> than stored as references). Especially, the export of an object
> should contain all objects referenced (directly or indirectly) by this
> initial object.
>
> If this does not work in your case, then it may be necessary to
> debug the export process (to find out why it does not work).

Hi Dieter,

thanks for the reply.
I set the log levels to debug and got the following results in event.log:
2007-08-10T15:05:06 DEBUG txn.4 new transaction
------
2007-08-10T15:05:06 DEBUG ZODB.ExportImport broken reference for oid
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x06'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/ra1/roteliste_2007-08/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py", line
45, in exportFile
    p, serial = load(oid, self._version)
  File
"C:\Programme\RoteListeIN\Products\RoteListeIN\CdromStorage\CdromStorage.py",
line 673, in load
TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings
(deprecated), not NoneType
------
2007-08-10T15:05:07 DEBUG txn.4 commit

Unfortunately, from the logs I really cannot see what to do. Does anyone
know? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Chris