[Zope] Form-Through-Script

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Aug 13 15:55:29 EDT 2007

--On 13. August 2007 15:39:40 -0400 tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:

> Hi;
> I have a form that I need to send to a script and then send off to a URL
> (PayPal). I need to process it through the script to renumber things for
> PP. How do I do this? I imagine I add an element to the PT like so:
>
> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">
>
> but I need to pass a parameter "doc", which, of course, is the document
> I'm submitting. So I tried this:
>
> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">

You might check out the basics about HTML forms first. The 'action'
parameter is an URL and *not* some Python-like function call. You specify
the destination URL inside the action attribute and pass the parameters as
*hidden* form parameters to the URL - either using method GET or POST.

You'll find more on forms in any HTML tutorial. Start from here:

<http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp>

-aj