[Zope] Form-Through-Script

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 03:43:45 EDT 2007

tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:
> 1)?I have a form that I need to send to a script and then send off to a URL (PayPal). I need to process it through the script to renumber things for PP. How do I do this? I imagine I add an element to the PT like so:
>
> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">

This action is rubbish. I have no idea what you're trying to do.

> but I need to pass a parameter "doc", which, of course, is the document I'm submitting. So I tried this:
>
> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)" method="post">

What's this macro got in it?

> which renders my page fine, but throws an error when I submit the form:
>
> Cannot locate object at: http://example.com/s/c/x/j/en-us/s/renumberTheCart%28here

Exactly, you've made up your own syntax there, so no wonder it doesn't
work ;-)

> 2) I changed it to an absolute URL just to double-check, and got basically the same error:
> ?

Changed what to what?

> Invalid request
>
> The parameter, doc, was omitted from the request.

I think you quoted the code for this earlier in the thread, it was
attempting to use a query string parameter as part of a form action.
That *does not work*, nothing to do with Zope, that's just html.
You need to put doc as a variable in the form:

  <form action=http://example.com/s/renumberTheCart" method="post">
  <input type="whatever" name="doc" value="whatever"/>

I have no idea what the tal:define is supposed to do there...

> this way once the item is removed and the same script is called, since there's no remove this time, it'll go to PP.
>
> I would LOVE to do that...if I knew how! Any ideas?

Learn to crawl before you attempt walking, let alone running...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk