[Zope] Deleting a file in Python

zozer at cercy.net zozer at cercy.net
Tue Aug 28 09:36:18 EDT 2007

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 07:35:06AM -0400, zozer at cercy.net wrote:
>> but I can't figure out where context.* is documented.
>
> It depends what kind of object context is.
> To find out, you may find this product useful:
> http://plone.org/products/docfindertab
>
> Here is a good start reference for Zope 2 APIs... it was never
> "finished" or updated for zope later than 2.7, but it's a lot
> better than nothing:
> http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/AppendixB.stx
>
> --
>
> Paul Winkler
> http://www.slinkp.com

Thanks for the links, I'll try installing docfindertab soon as I can.

I'm trying to read a property of a file and the description of it on the
plope site is too terse for me to understand. Here is my code:
doc=getattr(context, filename)
getname=doc.manage_getProperty('user_name')

filename is a parameter passed to the python script, it the name of the
file I'm wanting a property of. I've tried several ways of specifying the
property and none of them work. The property is called user_name, its a
string. Above I'm using quotes to make it a string passing it by value,
I've also done it by assigning a variable the property name, etc.
I also tried it with the optional 2nd argument with different variables like:
getname=doc.manage_getProperty('user_name',d=None)

I've tried not assigning it to a variable, all kinds of minor syntax
changes, but nothing I do works, it gives the same error:
Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: manage_getProperty