[Zope] Using zoperoot.misc_.MyProduct

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Dec 14 11:13:10 EST 2007

As far as I can see, an advantage with attaching static stuff to
OFS.misc_.MyInstalledProduct is that it becomes available globally
which makes sense to avoid loading a different icon URL for each www
icon in the ZMI of a product. Makes sense also for example if you have
one Zope with 10 different instances because then there's just one on
/misc_/MyProduct/screen.css to cache and download for the browser if
you've placed a static file there called that.

A drawback seems to be that errors happening in
/misc_/MyProduct/static-content isn't reported in the error_log. This
makes it hard to spot bugs in objects in there and, more commonly,
NotFound errors.

Is there anything I can do about that or should I not expect so much
and instead use the instance?

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com