[Zope] Re: Zope 2.9.5 -> 2.9.6 DateTime Change timezone

dschultz d.schultz at telesat.ca
Thu Feb 1 14:54:32 EST 2007

> > Brian Brinegar wrote:
> > Today I started testing Zope 2.9.6. After the upgrade I noticed that
>
> Tres Seaver <tseaver at ...> writes:
> That backwards incompatibility has been reverted on the 2.9 branch.  You
> might try updating the 'DateTime.py' file from SVN:

http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/branches/2.9/lib/python/DateTime/DateTime.p
y?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=71544

> Eventually the feature will be re-added with a configuration option to
> enable it.

Thanks!
Replacing the 'DateTime.py' file in the 2.9.6 release with the one in the link
provided above solved my problem too.  <RANT> It is very frustrating to have
these problems in a *mature* product and waste a full 2 days searching for
this resolution.  My users of the site don't like seeing everything they
update with a modified time of "localtime + <timezone_offest>" (for me
Canada/Eastern that's localtime-5 hours).  What struck be rather strange is
the Calendar porlet could display the event date and times correctly but the
Event portlet and the rest of the site pages were incorrect. </RANT>
Thanks again!