[Zope] Zope Products and proprietary software

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Wed Feb 7 04:39:57 EST 2007

+-------[ Marco Bizzarri ]----------------------
| Hi all.
|
| I would like to know if someone can provide infos on the following topic:
|
| we have developed OpenFlow, which is released under GPL.
|
| A company is distributing a proprietary product based on Zope and OpenFlow.
|
| I suspect that if they want to do so, they should have a different
| licence from us.
|
| Can someone provide further insight?

If they are distributing a codebase that is derived from OpenFlow then that
part of the code has to be released as GPL. The GPL is pretty specific about
derivative products.

You are probably best to go to the FSF with the exact details, they will most
likely be able to advise you better.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au